Thursday, February 26, 2009

Recent Hollywood movies I liked

It had been quite long time since i did watch a hollywood movie(no movie after hellboy 2, Quantum of Solace and transporter 3,not considering Slumdog Millionaire which is more of a bollywood movie). And from last 2-3 months i have been watching only bollywood movies(almost all) so this week i decided to watch some.

I had heard about "Seven Pounds" a lot and will smith didn't disappoint again. Great movie i must say......not as good as "Pursuit of happiness" but still watchable.

Then after Oscar i decided to watch "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "The Reader" and "Milk".

I started with "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and I seriously think that it deserved Oscar more than SM(which i think got Oscar because of it's feel good factor which Americans need most at present). The most striking thing about this movie was it's plot totally different(a baby born as a 80-90 year old and grows younger with age, who could have thought of that). It reminded me of another hollywood movie which i saw almost one year back (don't remember the name). Storyline of which was also totally different in which the hero didn't age and has been of same age since ages.

I haven't seen other Oscar nominated movies yet....after watching those my point of view may again change......

But one good thing that has happened this year at Oscars is that the movie which got Oscar this year was understandable unlike last year. "No Country For Old Men" was totally beyond my comprehension level.....

No comments: